Technician Tier 2
SUMMARY: This detail-oriented position is responsible for all aspects of technical installations of the following but not limited to; installing low voltage wiring, computer networks, security, video surveillance, audio/visual systems including projectors, TV’s, calibrate audio/video systems, configuration of Elan, Savant, and other control systems. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot and service sophisticated audio, video, and control systems problems from start to finish in construction or finished commercial and residential environments.
This full-time position is M-F, based out of the Truckee area Epic office, and may require some travel, and on-call duties.
- Intermediate Installer
- Wiring Roughs o their own or leading a crew
- Trimming out systems without Supervision or leading a crew
- Proficient with alarm installs
- Proficient with networking
- Building racks
- Wiring racks into projects
- Installing Lighting Controls and Shades
- Provide complete installation or support of all technology products and services offered by Epic Smart Homes.
- Conduct field site walks and meetings of projects from beginning to end with staff and clients as needed to ensure successful project completion and quality assurance.
- Daily use of software/technology platforms (Savant, ELAN, Lutron configuration platforms, T-Sheets, Insightly, D-Tools, Lutron Estimating, PlanGrid, LastPass, O365, Mitel Phone System, Slack, and others)
- Daily arrival as directed by management typically no later than 7am at office or jobsite as directed by management.
- Participate in internal weekly team meetings.
- Client meetings and demonstrations of Smart Home technology options and services offered by Epic.
- Answering phones calls, emails, and other communications from Epic team, clients, or other work-related communications daily.
- This position is responsible to communicate with Epic team and reports to management.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb ladder, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Location: This role is a combination of field work as determined by management. Office facilities are located at 12177 Business Park Dr. Truckee CA,96161. Workspace and office equipment will be available as needed.
This offer is contingent upon: Successfully completing a background check